20 July 2008

Gunung Datuk. i came, i see, i conquest

2 or 3 days ago behind hiking. One of my friend was asked me whether mind join hiking with group of friend at Rembau, Seremban. The hill about to be hiked is Gunung Datuk. I was taking so long to make decision that time due to my work. After i able squeezed out little free time from my tight schedule so i take a look on google what is Gunung "Grandpa" all about.

I read some entries from blog and website that were written by blogger as the result derived from searching at google. The height of the moutain is 870m/2900ft and about 1 and the half hours drive from KL... At the peak at 870m, as if succesfully arrived on top of the moutain and seat at the peak. The peak will offer 360 panoramic 360-degree view.

I decided to go. It is great opportunity for me to snap some pictures up there from the peak of gunung datuk at the height 870m. It will be the tallest moutain/hill i ever conquer for period.

Yesterday, woke up around 6.15am. Took my time to clean up myself and prepare some stuff before went for gathering at friend place. 9 of us with 2 cars pool started depart around 7.30am after breakfast. On d way to destination, i was noticed that sky became more and more hazy and moody. Seem d cloud was at very low altitude and surrounding were getting cold. I think at that time sat on the back seat, d sky will start raining anytime soon. Plus, slippery condition along trail toward d peak stress.gif.

Couple of minutes later, i was right. Thousand drop of water poured from the sky toward along the road to Gunung Datuk. It was heavy. However, rain was stopped for a while before we reached at the destination.

There was some registration need to be done. Entry Fee is RM3 per person and needed to fill in detail of Name, IC number and team headcount. About time we start our journey, d sky was start joking with drop heavy downpour on us.




We didn't start immediately thus. we decided to wait until rain stops. Some of us got back to car to get umbrella for hiking. -.-|||. Well, umbrella got its' usability also. lol. Of course not to forget about group photo(excluding me)



Instead of waiting for rain to stop, it was not feasible for us already drove all the way and paid 3 ringgit entry fee. Then off we go in rain. The details of how we get up to the peak will not be disclosed here because all we were faced was slippery rocks, muds, leeches along the trail lead all the way to the peak. Nothing special for me. I don't know about other. XP.

With all the effort, we were managed get to the peak.


a lot of us amazed by the view we saw on d peak as shown in d picture above. Due to the weather, the level of clarity was covered with hazy sky and mist. So i could barely see town of seremban and of course not straight of malacca as said in other blog. i was brought along SLR camera with me.

Well everyone had fun taken picture with me. Group photo, individual photo, a bit of art photo, ... Guess all the pictures below is d summary of Gunung "Grandpa" hiking. Enjoy



















Aww Man. I was crazy enough laid on the ground like freaking professional to take photograph for them. XD





Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: